Event : Open Innovation Workshop 2011
Date : 07/07/2011
This Open Innovation workshop was run in relation to the recently completed survey of Open Innovation practices amongst UK manufacturing and business service firms.
The topics discussed included:
- Open innovation clusters and firm performance
- Linking openness to organisational slack
- The characteristics of openness and university links in the Knowledge intensive business services sector.
- The role of technology intermediaries in supporting the implementation of open innovation in UK firms
- Public policy towards open innovation in the pharmaceutical sector.
- Open innovation in the clean tech sector.
This workshop was by invitation only and mainly centred on an academic audience. The work done at this workshop will help to guide further research in this area.